First place900 €
Second place600 €
Third place300 €
- program of at least 30 minutes
- at least two and at most ten members (exemptions are granted by the competition organizer)
- instruments and the necessary concert equipment, or they can obtain it
Band does not have:
- playing as their main source of income
- a contract with any publishing company
- their own music
- rock / metal / punk or its subgeneres
- The lyrics of the bands are not racist and do not incite hatred against certain groups of people and do not report any extremist organization.
- There is no legal entitlement to enter the competition, the enforcement of participation in the competition is not possible, the prizes or prizes won in the competition can not be changed or paid in cash.
- By participating in the contest, the competitor agrees to these rules and conditions of the competition.
- Organizers reserve the right to change the rules of the competition.
- Viewers are obliged not to disturb the course of the competition. In the event of a violation of this rule, the organizer may incur appropriate consequences.
- After signing up, the band will not be planning concerts for the time the contest will take place. In case of a collision of dates, the band is obliged to inform the organizer of such event in good time.
- On the day of the concert, the band arrives in time according to the instructions of the organizer.
- By registration, the band agrees with the audiovisual record that will be further used for promotional purposes.
The course of the contest
Band registration will start on 10 September 2017. From this date bands can register based on information supported above. Registration will be held until 15 October 2017. If the count of the bands will be more than 6, the commision will choose suitable bands based on their song ("Best song" on their profile), that will make it to the contest. The contest fee will be returned to all the bands that did not make the cut to the contest.
Each band has 30 minutes for their presentation. The event starts at 20:00.
Guests choose the winner of each contest round by voting. On the entrance each guest will get a voting ticket they can use to support one of the bands.
Further voting tickets can be obtained at the venue by spending on the bar. The tickets can not be obtained separatly.
Band registration for Garage Band Contest
For the band's registration into the contest it has to have a profile on this portal and you have to be its administrator. For a successfull registration follow these steps.
The project Garage Band Contest is a Bratislavian contest of amateur bands, which aims for promotion of garage bands and the possibility of self-propagation. This project was created and first implemented in 2015 at Líščie údolie in cooperation with Karlova ves city district. This year, on the 10. 11. 2017, the third year of the contest will be taking place at Hudobný klub Kamel, Molecova 2, 841 04 Karlova ves, Bratislava, Slovakia.